High purity premium grade, or nuclear grade flexible graphite foil is made from compressed high purity exfoliated mineral graphite, no binders or fillers. The material is treated in multiple special processes to achieve ultra-low levels of sulfur, chloride and other impurity contents.
Main Characteristics and Properties
- Bulk Density: 62.4 lb/cu.ft. or 70 lb/cu.ft (1.0 g/cc or 1.1 g/cc)
- Tensile Strength: 650 psi (4.4 Mpa)
- Carbon Content: 99.5%
- Sulfur Content: 350 ppm Max.
- Leachable Chloride Content: 20 ppm Max
- Working Temperature Range: Oxidizing Atmosphere, such as air: -400° F to 950° F (-240°C to 510°C) Mild Oxidizing Atmosphere of most gasket applications: -400° F to 1500° F(-240°C to 850° C) Non-Oxidizing Atmosphere: -400° F to 5400° F (-240°C to 3000° C)
- Thermal Conductivity: Parallel to Sheet Surface: 960 BTU-in/ft2.h.F (140 W/m.K) Through Thickness: 36 BTU.in/ ft2.h.F (5W/m.K)
- Coefficient of Friction (Against Steel): 0.018 @ 4 psi (0.03Mpa), 0.157 @ 12 psi (0.08 Mpa)
- Compressibility (ASTM F-36) 44%
- Recovery (ASTM F36) 15%
- Creep Relaxation (ASTM F-38) Less than 5%
- Sealability (ASTM F-37) 0.017 fluid ounce/hr (0.5ml/hr)
Use as gasket material, or thermal or electrical conductor. It is designed to be used in applications where material purity is strictly required, such as in nuclear power plants.
Product Sizes and Options
Available Thickness: .005″ to 1/16” (Standard Thickness .005″, .015″, .030″, .040″, 1/16″) Standard Width: 39.4″(1000 mm), 60”; Length: 100’, 200’, 500’ All roll stocks can be slit into custom width, supplied in custom length, or cut into custom size sheets.